Monday 11 July 2011

Crash.

I've had a really relaxing weekend. It was my first wedding anniversary, so my husband and I made use of a voucher we were given for Christmas to go away for a night to a spa hotel. After some busy weeks, I really felt like I needed a nice relaxing break.

My husband, Robin, and I had a nice lie in on Friday morning, had a lazy morning and took off for the hotel. We had massages, soaked in the jacuzzi and therapy pools, and settled down for an early night in our fluffy dressing gowns. Saturday wasn't much more taxing, as we got up to a delicious cooked breakfast before coming home to sit on the sofa and continue the relaxation for the rest of the day.

After all of this de-stressing I found myself sleeping like a baby. I always sleep rather well for a fibromyalgic, but it usually takes an hour or two for me to flake out. The last couple of nights have been fantastic. Out like a light for a good night of comfy sleep. I'm not waking refreshed, but hey, that would be a miracle!

On the downside of this, though, I feel like I'm barely waking up at all. I have spent the last couple of days with that horrible achy feeling around my eyes, peering through fibrofog as thick as my Mum's home-made celery soup. I don't understand; if I am this well-rested, why do I feel like I'm dancing along the edge of a crash? Surely I should be starting to feel like superwoman?

Alas, this is the way of things. It doesn't seem to matter which way I tip the balance of energy, it always results in my being wiped out. Just another quirk of my silly illness I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment