Sunday 10 July 2011

Welcome.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Sally, and I am a part-time holistic therapist from Kent. I got into holistic therapy when I was at University, as I found myself slowly becoming sicker and sicker and my GP was unable to do anything more to help me. I am still ill, but I can cope day to day without pain medication and am on the long hard road to recovery.

The purpose of this blog is to share some of my experiences as a chronic pain and fatigue sufferer. I started to make the transition into recovery when I found a support network and realised that I was not going through this alone. Now, whenever I have a bizarre thing happen to me I ask around the "FMily" and someone will almost immediately say "oh, yeah, I get that all the time". I cannot understate how important it is to link in with other sufferers.

I'm also not ashamed to admit that there is an element of catharsis involved. The little grey cells don't function quite like they used to, and I find that having a regular ramble can really help to focus my thoughts and help me make sense of what I'm going through.

So, in short, welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy what you read. I hope it makes you realise you are not alone.

Sally xx

No comments:

Post a Comment